LEAF Summer Leadership Camp 2016
Applications are closed now. Thank you for your interest.
Experience an international summer camp full of real projects and fun with young talents like you!
Choose from four entrepreneurial leadership programme tracks:
- Business challenge: Use design thinking and work with a company or a start-up to solve a real-world problem they are dealing with.
- Social project challenge: Tackle pressing issues such as minorities or refugees with a non-profit organisation and design solutions that can change the Central European region.
- STEM challenge (science, technology, engineering, maths): Find a solution to a scientific problem working with a technical start-up or a science organization.
- English challenge: Fully immerse in English, create a marketing campaign for a school or an organization to develop your speaking, writing, and leadership skills.
- Applications Deadline: April 30, 2016
- When: 17 July – 5 August 2016
- Where: Bratislava
- For: proactive and driven students age 13-16 (graduating in 2019 – 2022). The ideal applicant will have a connection to, or a strong interest in Central Europe.
- With: More than 80 international students and 50 camp facilitators from Slovakia, USA, UK and South Africa
- Fee & Scholarships: Full fee is 1400 Eur, however need-based scholarships are available to all successful camp applicants, up to 95% of the full Camp fee (the minumum fee is 70 Eur).
- Frequently Asked Questions
What will my day look like?
Gain useful life-skills for your future. Work in teams and communicate with real companies, non-profi t organisations and educationalinstitutions to solve a real-world problem.
Clubs, sports, music, drama, scientific experiments, and free time.
Fun activities, Bratislava highlights, meeting inspring TEDx-like speakers and getting to know university students studying at the great universities all over the world.
Weekends will include service Saturdays focused on civic engagement, an overnight hike in the mountains, and other studentcentered activities.
AT LSLC 2015, we shared great experiences with talented young people from Europe, Asia and Africa. Through designing real games, experiments and connecting with professional mentors, pushing our limits during outdoor weekend and getting to know our own strengths, we challenged ourselves and the peers around us. Here are some of the student’s stories:
“The whole camp was an amazing unforgettable experience for me. I improved my English, personal and presentation skills and made a lot of friends not just from Slovakia. I am thankful to whole LEAF team for giving me the opportunity to be part of LSLC:)” Sára, 16
“Because of this camp, I was able to realize how important is, to help others, to express your opinion and say thanks, also to be honest with yourself, and to be honest to other people as well. I was able to enjoy and challenge myself to the fullest content. Because of people around me, I was able to overcome all challenges. They gave me courage and self-confidence with what I’m doing. And that’s something you cannot buy.” Daniel, 15